Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back To Treasure Cay from Orchid




We spent Saturday on Guana Cay at Grabber's and enjoyed a local band. For three pieces, one of which was a saw, they did a great job. They almost got me up to dance. Don't tell Deb ok?
While we were at Grabber's we had lunch and it was one of the best we recall having on the whole trip. It could be we had a few frozen drinks along the way therse inffecting our jurdgement but I think not. The lunch was really that good. Seared tuna and a blackened grouper burger. The price was right and we had free entertainment to go with it!
The other photo is different story.
We have satellite tv on the boat and it's been fine until we got to Marsh Harbour at the Harbour view marina. That was where the reception started to act up. We pulled in and as part of settling in I went to align the dish. It refused to get signal. I looked over the dish and saw that a sailboat mast was perfectly lined up with the dish (from my weary eye's point of view). When I moved the boat forward a couple of feet by adjusting the lines the problem was gone so I figured that I had it shot.
When we crossed over to Treasure Cay from Marsh Harbour and went through the alignment the process once more it was a royal pita to align the dish and it would wink out every once in a while when the boat was still. But it was not bad and we had heard rumors of satellite reconfiguration affecting reception.
Over at Orchid bay where the docks are subject to surge from the Sea of Abaco and ferry wakes, the reception was bad. No news in the morning. And Gawd forbid no Nascar in the afternoon. Given it was so rough we ignored it.
And then we came back to Treasure Cay today and the dish refused to connect with the satellites. Looking at the photos one might conclude that the connection had soured.
That would be correct.
I suspect it was due to the rough ride we had going into Little Harbour. I kid you not, we had a mess of spray all over the boat when that ride was a done deal. Some of it found its way into that connector as well.
Fortunately I had spare connectors and my coax tools. Nascar is back online, Biffle has been dismissed and Stuart is well, holding his own.

No comments: