Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bone-i-fied

 I bet you thought I was kidding at the end of the last post. Yes, we are around the Devil's Backbone with the help of Woody.  At no time was there less than 7 feet under the depth sounder and I am thinking he had other tracks in the bank that he uses for larger craft. No big deal there, why not get it over with as quickly as possible and move on to the next boat requiring passage.
 At no time were we the least bit concerned for our or Freedom's welfare even though a perfect stranger hopped aboard and took the helm once I had his boat in tow.  
 Woody was cheap insurance for safe passage around the Backbone and I heartily recommend him to everyone who will want to bring their boat around to Harbour Island.
 As an aside we now know Freedom has no issues with towing a good sized dink on one cleat. That is to say, we didn't pull the starboard aft cleat or haws hole out of their screws while pulling his boat along at 9 knots.
 I've updated the Garmin tracks with todays's data and I will have more photo's uploaded later on.

 Added photo's to the bucket...


 Photo Link

 

No comments: