Monday, October 20, 2008

Point Lookout Md.


It was a great day to travel on the Cheasapeake. The waves were a foot or less so we could run slow for the sake of economy. I think we averaged something like 9 knots over 56 nm.. Going past Annapolis' channel we saw the USS Cole anchored. She looked fine and fit for duty! Moving south later on she caught up with us and I have to admit her radar profile was less than some of the motor yachts that blew by us. They were all bragging about how they were only burning 80 gallons an hour to make 14 knots.
And then we got a real treat. I had no idea that pelicans came this far north but a gang of them were always around all the way into the Potomac. They'd dive into the water, come up and shake their heads and move on. Since we saw them for quite a while it would seem we could assume they were moving south like us.
Smart.
So all along the way we have been looking at options for pulling in for the night. We planned on this spot all along, but with the weather being good I was thinking we should move the goal a bit further south to take advantage of the situation. So I made my case a few times and as some she works with may know she held her position. I had all the times plotted out and the case made but it was to no avail. Her mind was made up.
After all was said and done for boating today, you know, we're all tied up and the "safe arrival cocktail" has been broken out, I say, "Yeah, that was enough of a trip for me today".
She beat me. Don't let the pose in front of the flowers fool you. She went bipolar because this is how everyone tried to wear her down at work (multiple attempts for change until someone relents) and 30 years was unloaded on me.
Ok,
It wasn't that bad. I have a 100 pounds on her and a good reach.
Southbound file updated as well.
Updated photo bucket as well. Use sort by alphanum (name) ->

No comments: